- Birmingham City University / Teach First – PGCE
- Durham University – BA Combined Arts (French and Spanish) – First Class
- John Port School – 3 x A-Levels – French, English Literature, History. GCSE’s 9 x A*, 2 x A
- 3 years as Academic Manager at London House Academy, Mexico
- 3 years teaching French and Spanish at UK Secondary Schools
- 2 years as British Council English Language Assistant in Mexico City
Amy graduated from Durham University with a 1st class Bachelor’s Degree in Combined Arts (French and Spanish), before spending 2 years as an English Language Assistant with the British Council in Mexico City. There she made the decision to pursue her Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with Teach First back in the UK, teaching Spanish and French at KS3 and KS4 in addition to KS3 English.
After 3 years teaching in UK Secondary Schools, Amy returned to Mexico, where she worked for 3 years as the Academic Manager at a British English Language School. There she gained additional ESL teaching experience and trained as a Cambridge English Speaking Examiner.
Amy enjoys spending time outdoors, especially cycling and swimming, as well as exploring new places. She remains a keen linguist, maintaining her French and Spanish through reading and podcasts, and is currently learning Japanese Kanji.