- Liverpool John Moores University – MSc: Astrophysics (1st class with Honours)
- The City of Liverpool College – Access to Higher Education Diploma – Physics, Pure Maths & Biology (Distinction)
- A’level – Maths (B)
- Eirias High School – 9 x GCSE’s – including Maths, Science, English (Grades A – C)
- 120-hour TEFL Certificate
- Ongoing PhD Astrophysics Researcher for Liverpool John Moores University
Kris’ passion for Astrophysics started at a young age whilst stargazing with his father.
He has since developed a strong working knowledge of Physics and Applied Mathematics, leading him to gain a First class Master’s degree with honours in Astrophysics through a joint programme between the University of Liverpool and Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU).
Kris achieved a position as a PhD researcher for Time Domain Astrophysics at LJMU after completing multiple projects in Stellar Systems and Kinematics.
His most recent project is working with Compact Binary Mergers, resulting in his paper on Instrumentation being published in an Astrophysics Journal.
Since taking a tutoring position for Undergraduate Astrophysics students for the past two years, Kris has developed a passion for teaching. He has established a very conscientious teaching style, strongly encouraging discussion & experimentation with topics allowing students to build their own understanding of the subject.
Outside of teaching, Kris enjoys spending time in the outdoors, particularly hiking and scuba-diving. He has a long-time love of travel and a particular fondness for South East Asia, having lived in Thailand as a Dive Master for a short time.