- Queen Mary, University of London – MA Renaissance and Early Modern Studies (Distinction)
- Goldsmiths College, University of London – BA English and Comparative Literature (2:1)
- Suffolk College – 4 x A’Levels A – C – English Literature, Photography, Government & Politics, Media & Moving Image
- Deben High School 10 x GCSE’s A* – C
- International House, Budapest – Cambridge CELTA
Rory graduated from Goldsmiths College, University of London with a BA in English and Comparative Literature but felt that the job wasn’t quite finished. While studying, he fell in love with language and story-telling and felt he wanted to pursue this further.
Rory then completed a Masters degree in Renaissance and Early Modern Studies at Queen Mary, University of London, gaining a distinction. Here Rory gained a deep knowledge of and affection for the English “classics” of the 15th and 16th centuries. Across different colleges of the University of London Rory learned how to study literature and, perhaps more importantly, also learned why studying literature is not just important, but vital to understanding the world.
After obtaining the CELTA teaching qualification Rory has spent the last four years teaching English as a second language in both Spain and China. In both these countries, Rory has gained experience in teaching students from different cultures and with different educational goals and needs.
Outside of teaching, Rory is an avid music fan, long-distance cyclist, short-distance hiker, long-suffering football fan and amateur-purveyor of Indian cuisine.